Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Hello out there!

     I have been wanting to start a blog for a long time, but there have been a few things holding me back. 
    
     First of all, I know myself well enough to know that once I've committed to a blog, I will spend precious time that I already have in short supply.
                                         As a mother of six children,

and with a husband in school, there's not a lot of time I have to myself.  I haven't wanted to let myself invest the time that I know it will require, and that I'll want to spend with it. 
    
     Second of all, I've agonized over what to name my blog!  There are so many cute blogs out there with such clever, catcy names, and I really have had a hard time finding one that I feel is worthy of blog world!  I've thought about 'The One-Twelve,' 'The Eight-Eleven,' my husband suggested 'A stitch in time,' which is a catchy name but taken..., 'Cherries and Chocolate,' 'Chocolate Covered Strawberries,' which would come from my love of quilts that are red and brown, 'No time for quilting,' etc., etc.  In the end, my daughter Rachel and I finally agreed that 'brasier house' was a good name that embodies who I am.  After all, we are the brasier house.  Maybe someday when I start my longarm business that I've been dreaming of, it will be effortlessly named,'brasier house quilting.' 

     Third, it's a hard thing for me to put myself out there and let the world see me for what I am.  I have a hard time thinking that there's maybe someone out there that doesn't have the best opinion of me, my writiing, my quilting, my parenting...the list could go on and on.  Call it insecurity!  Don't call it insecurity, it is insecurity! 

     In the end, I decided that I really wanted to do this, and the wanting outweighed all the fears that I had about it.  The experience will be worth wading through all my insecurities.  Maybe I'll make some new friends.  Maybe I'll learn a little, and grow a little. 

     So, I'm going to put myself out there, to talk about my family, to talk about my children, to talk about my quilting and sewing and creating; and maybe show off a little of it all!

1 comment:

  1. Good job Mom! We're all cheering for you, and I'm sure that there isn't anyone thinking ill of you! I'm excited to read on!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave a comment...it'll make my day!