Friday, May 25, 2012

Circles of Geese


I finished my little mini quilt for the Modern She Made Swap!


This little baby will be sent out on Tuesday first thing, along with some little extras that I'm gathering up right now for my partner.  


I used this paper-piecing pattern for the inner flying geese, and appliqued the outer geese.


Here's a view of the back of the quilt, which I like as much as I like the front!


I used Kona coal for the grey, and a variety of prints from my stash and my LQS for the geese, the back, and the binding.  It measures 24" X 24."

I hope she likes it!


8 comments:

  1. Wow that is just beautiful. Your partner is going to be very happy. I just love the fabrics use. Which grey is that? Slate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This color combo sems to be emerging more or maybe it is green,red and blue..pretty close;) I love your quilting on this very thought provoking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so fabulous. I keep saying I have to do that block : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the quilting here - the uneven spacing really highlights the circling geese.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome little quilt! You've got a lucky partner. Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your geese are really flying...and the circle pattern is one I can love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely little quilt! I love the double circle of geese and the circular quilting! What a cheery backside too. All Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave a comment...it'll make my day!