Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Liebster

Some exciting news...

I've been selected for the Liebster Award! 




Cherilyn from A Farm Wife's Journal selected my blog and I'm so honored that she would choose my little blog, and so excited!

Thank you so much Cherilyn!

Cherilyn's blog is so interesting to browse through...she's got a little bit of everything on it.  Lots of posts about farm life, which is so fun to read.  She also has sewing projects and recipes on her blog...I'm personally going to be trying out her Sugar-Crusted Raspberry Muffins, which look divine.  Yum!  Take a minute to peek at her blog!

I've seen the Liebster Award around for a while and have always admired the blogs that are chosen.


The Liebster Award is presented to up and coming blogs with less than 200 followers.

Cherilyn did some research on this, and this is what she said about it, "no one is sure but people speculate that it started in Germany.  "Liebster" means darling or beloved in German.  I think it is always exciting to receive an award!"

Yes it is! 

The rules that I need to state:


1.  Thank the person who gave you the award and link to their blog. 
2.  Choose 3-5 blogs with less than 200 followers to pass it on to. 

3.  Display the Liebster Award somewhere on your blog.



 It took me a couple of days longer than I expected it to, because there are so many wonderful, talented women out there writing blogs and I couldn't decide!

In the end, these are the blogs that I have chosen for the Liebster Award:

  • Bryan House Quilts--Becca of Bryan House Quilts is so adorable!  I found her blog through a linky party and I've been reading her blog for a couple of months now.  I always enjoy stopping by to see what's going on in her neck of the woods.  When I picked out a name and started my blog I had no idea that there was already a {B.-House blog} out there!  Sorry Becca, I hope that you weren't offended in my choice of blog names!  Becca is really talented and most of the quilts that she's made are her own designs.  She's just finished up an amazing Blue Star Quilt.  I'm really hoping she creates a tutorial for it to add to the other great tutorials she has on her blog.  Stop by and say hi, she's been put on bedrest with her pregnancy and I'm sure she'd be thrilled to have some company!

  • Dreaming in Patchwork--Allison's blog is a fun blog also.  She's got a cute, quirky way of writing that's very entertaining.  In fact, her writing style reminds me a lot of my daughter Rachel's.  She was one of my first 'non-family' followers on my blog, and I loved seeing her cute little red toenails on my sidebar!  Thanks Allison!  I love her Wizard of Oz Quilt that she's most recently posted about.  I wish I had one!  She designs her own quilts and makes lots of fun bags and coffee cozies as well as lots and lots of beautiful quilts.  My favorite project of hers is her Drunkard's Path Quilt that she made with Happy Mochi Yum Yum and some grey solid.  Amazing!  Go check it out!

  • Having Fun Quilting--Julie from Having Fun Quilting is a relatively new quilter--which is hard to believe because she is so talented.  She's happy and fresh and her quilts are just adorable.  She made some really incredible Hawaiian quilts for her mom and dad from fat quarters that they had brought back from Hawaii.  Be sure to visit her because it looks like she has some really fun things planned for her blog; like guest bloggers and tutorials and even has a resources page of some tutorials that she's used.  Julie, I love your blog!


  • Porch Swing Quilts--Jennie's blog is adorable as well.  She is amazingly talented and has lots of really beautiful quilts that she showcases on her blog.  She has a very sweet, quirky style of writing that just makes me laugh.  I find myself being able to relate to a lot of things that she writes about, maybe partly because she's got lots of kids, too.  She makes lots of adorable bags, most recently one with the coolest little orange VW beetles on it.  She's got some dresdens going on and I think she may be a little bit addicted to granny squares!  She started making them in Sunkissed, and she's moved on from there!  Go check out her blog, you won't be sorry!

  • There and Back Again--This is not any kind of a sewing or crafty blog.  Okay, this is actually my daughter's blog.  I swear it's not Nepotism, though.  Rachel is in her first year of college and is an English major.  As soon as you start reading her blog, you'll see why she's majoring in English.  She's got an amazing talent for writing and expresses herself in the most beautiful way.  She can always see a great lesson in the simplest things around her...a movie, a song, or even a Kit Kat candy bar.  Go stop by and say hi to her!

All these ladies would be thrilled if you stop by and I'm sure would welcome any new followers.  

Again, thank you Cherilyn!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!


2 comments:

  1. Diane - YOU are adorable, as is your blog. I'm completely flattered - it's my first major award (thankfully, it is not a leg lamp!). Thank you for liking my little piece of blogsville. And you pegged me. I am more than a little obsessed with granny squares. I'm the geek who is still wearing boot cut jeans even though skinny jeans are the "in" thing to do. I'll still be making granny squares when everyone else has moved on.

    Loved looking around your daughter's blog. She does have a gift for words. I just finished my degree last August, and an English major to boot.

    Thank you thank you thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so sweet! Thank you for your kind words!

    And as far as a "B house" out there, no I'm not offended. My name is not completely original either. When my hubby and I were first pregnant with out first baby almost seven years ago we were visiting Gettysburg, Virginia on a historical tour of the infamous battlefield. There was a house there called "Bryan House". It even had a cute little placard out front that I wish I could recreate. (Hm, maybe I should!). I thought that was so quaint. Years later when I started my quilting blog that name just fit.

    As far as a tutorial for that star... Jeni (Jenny?) from In Color Order already has a tutorial for that giant star already. Check it out: http://incolororder.blogspot.com/2011/08/giant-vintage-star-quilt-tutorial.html

    Again, thank you for your kind words! Made my day! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave a comment...it'll make my day!